Forum

Posted By azpreps On Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 With 0 Comments

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ricardo Sarmiento Ready To Go…
Anthony-
Ray
Administrator
Post Ricardo Sarmiento Ready To Go…
on: April 4, 2018, 23:11

This past season the 6A conference and the state were put on notice for what they have to contend with as Cesar Chavez’s 5-foot-10 freshman guard <strong>Ricardo Sarmiento</strong> took the court and brought his big-time gamer mentality to all his peer and elders.  Alongside his backcourt mate, 6-foot-2 fellow talented freshman <strong>TyTy Washington</strong>, Sarmiento flourished.

The two young bulls led Chavez to a 19-10 record on the season and into the 6A state playoffs, where they pulled off a 1st-round upset over Westview on the road behind the play of the sharp-shooting guard duo. They would fall in the next round to one of the more talented teams in the state, Desert Vista, but the experience they got out of those two games are the battles that make Sarmiento and Washington a little bit different than most freshman throughout the state.

In his first year in high school, Ricardo averaged nearly 10 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals per game while playing both on and off the ball. He and Washington make it make sense in the same backcourt where some might question it. They have been playing together since the 4th grade and both know how to play with or without the ball in their hands. It’s a familiarity they have with one another.

That trend continues as they both suit up for <strong>Team Harden</strong> during the Spring and Summer on the Adidas circuit.

Their team kicked off the Spring with the <strong>Southwest Showcase Main Event</strong> in Avondale, Arizona, playing up into the 17U bracket. After being down by nearly 20 points in the first half of the championship game, they would come roaring back to capture the championship behind the play of Sermiento and fellow Team Harden guard, 6-foot-4 sophomore guard<strong> Xavier Dussel</strong> (Chaparral). TyTy Washington would be out for Sunday’s action with a concussion suffered on their last game the night before.

“Winning the first tournament of the spring was nothing new to me, personally. I have been playing in big games all my life, and so have my teammates. As a team, winning the tournament was just more of a confidence booster. We came into the tournament with a chip on our shoulder and played hard. We showed a lot of maturity that tournament while missing a huge part of our team on Sunday without TyTy,” Sarmiento said about his and his team’s big weekend.

Outside of his busy AAU schedule with Team Harden, he trains on his own by running, doing stadiums and weightlifting. Every now and then he will step on the vertimax. This spring and summer he wants to focus on bulking up and getting his core stronger. Not a bad plan for a freshman guard who can already light it up at a high level. It should be a big spring and summer for Ricardo and their other talented underclassmen guards, Washington and Dusell.

Team Harden will be in Los Angeles this weekend for the <strong>Spring Tip-Off</strong>. I will be there to cover Sarmiento and the rest of their guys, as they square up against some of the top West Coast AAU teams and talent.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.
Professional Web Design Services By KVXTech.com Professional SEO Services