Forum

Posted By azpreps On Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 With 0 Comments

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SW All-American Camp Relentless Top 11 Performers
Anthony-
Ray
Administrator
Post SW All-American Camp Relentless Top 11 Performers
on: July 4, 2018, 12:20

This past weekends <strong>Southwest All-American Camp</strong> hosted by <strong>Gregg Rosenberg</strong> and <strong>Anthony Ray</strong> and presented by <strong>Relentless</strong> was a local hit.  While some of the state's top talent was not in attendance for various reasons, there was still a great turnout of local talent from top to bottom.  By most accounts, it was deemed a success.

College coaches from all different levels were in attendance as well as some of the most respected national scouts in the game.  Names like <strong>Christian Poopola</strong>, <strong>Frank Burlison</strong>, <strong>Gerry Freitas</strong>, <strong>Chris Karpman</strong> and <strong>Jerina Madayag</strong> were all sitting courtside for the entirety of the event, mostly on the main court.

While I did not get to catch every game while running the operations side of this event, I was able to catch some action either courtside or while I was coaching Team Oregon.  I can away with these top 11 performers (alphabetical by last name) and because 11 is my lucky number.

<strong>Jalin Anderson</strong> - Compass Prep's 6-3 junior point guard might have actually been the MVP of the camp, in my book.  Anderson showed me something I had not seen much in him up until this past weekend.  He might run the pick and roll from the PG spot better than any guard in the state.  His size, strength and length allow him to finish it off with just about anything you want.  Over the weekend I saw him use the pick and drop a dime off to the rolling big man, split the two defenders, step back on the retreating defense and knock down the 3, and get to the rack and finish. He can just pressure a defense in so many ways with the ball in his hands.  He plays the game on both ends of the floor with no glaring weakness to his game.

<strong>Xavier DuSell</strong> - The 6-4 junior guard was impressive all weekend long.  In the game that I was coaching he had to have dropped close to 30 points, if not more.  He was feeling it from deep behind the three point line and seemed to want to show off some newly found bounce out in transition where he is starting to finish off play with dunks that he is starting to put some thunder behind.  His craftiness with the ball in his hands was impressive.

<strong>Andre Harris</strong> - (pictured) The new Bella Vista 6-7 junior forward picked up where he left off in the spring.  He continued to be a bully down low, scored from all three levels and rebounded at a high clip.  The amount of second chance points he can create is ridiculous at times.  His physicality and sneaky athleticism make him a problem every time he takes the floor.

<strong>DeAndre Henry</strong> - Mountain Pointe's 6-7 junior freight train of a power forward was an absolute savage all weekend long.  He looks more and more like a basketball player every time I see him since his decision to step off the football grass blades and stay strictly on the hardwood.  His feet get a little quicker, he gets a little bouncier and he is starting to put some real basketball moves into his game instead of relying on just brute strength.  He hit the glass tough, as per the usual with Henry, and made all them effort plays that makes you love the kid.  Was also one of the better finishers inside in the whole camp and had some earth-shattering dunks.

<strong>Trent Hudgens</strong> - Moon Valley's 6-1 junior is becoming one of the state's premier guards in a hurry.  The smooth point guard is nearly impossible to speed up and has all the tools you want from the position.  A good passer that can survey the court and be a floor general.  He can really stroke the ball from the outside and has an above average handle.  Then the cherry on top, he gets up in jerseys on the defensive end like one of my R logos that are pressed in a t-shirt.  I come away a little more impressed with the young bull of a guard every time I see him.

<strong>Emad Elniel</strong> - Independence's 6-5 senior guard was the breakout performer of the camp and I am not sure if there was a close second in that department.  The fresh face onto the main scene in Arizona was something to behold. That kid is a serious competitor and a bucket on the offensive end.  A kid that has a tool belt full of moves at his disposal and can knock it down from the outside at a steady clip.  Competes on both ends of the floor and puts enough pressure on a defense to cause some arguments.

<strong>Otis Frazier III </strong>- Buckeye Union's 6-5 senior guard/wing is coming off arguably the best month of June than anyone in AZ.  The bouncy perimeter prospect displayed a little bit of everything this past weekend.  He showed off his athleticism in the open floor, created turnovers on the defensive end, hit the boards and collected numerous put-backs and while he started the camp struggling from the outside, he finished strong on Sunday with some good shooting performances.  His recruitment should be soaring right now.

<strong>Isaiah Marin</strong> - new Buckeye Union 6-4 senior point guard transfer had some national scouts salivating at the package that is Marin.  A long guard that can survey the floor and control the pace of play.  His length and craftiness with the ball in his hands made him appealing to the scout's eye and the fact that he was knocking it down from the outside took his stock to another level.  Competed on the defensive end as he usually does where he gets countless poke-aways with his long range.

<strong>JB Mukeba</strong> - Hillcrest Prep's 6-8 junior power forward looked great all weekend.  The long and athletic prospect spent the weekend showcasing his ability to get up and down the floor and finish strong in transition. He was a factor around the rim on the defensive side of the ball and did a decent job on the boards, especially on the offensive glass, on his way to a top 20 all-star selection.

<strong>Jackson Ruai</strong> - Amphitheater's 6-4 super athletic guard/wing is building a little legacy on the defensive side of the ball.  His length, athleticism and fluidity with his feet make him as close to a complete lock-down defender as we have in the state.  On the offensive end he thrived in the open court, as per the usual, but also spent most of the weekend dropping dimes off to teammates.  He made his case for the MVP of the camp.

<strong>Kyree Walker</strong> - The 6-5 junior guard from Hillcrest Prep is just different.  When he gets locked in and decides your not going to stop him from getting to the rack, that usually is the case.  He spent this past weekend knocking down some shots from the perimeter and showed off some of the NBA-level moves that has him considered a top 5 ranked prospect in America.  In an age where most nationally coveted players sit out for events like this, he was out there competing and trying to dominate every game.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.
Professional Web Design Services By KVXTech.com Professional SEO Services